By Lesley Gill
Read or Download A Century of Violence in a Red City: Popular Struggle, Counterinsurgency, and Human Rights in Colombia PDF
Best anthropology books
A destiny for feedback considers why fiction provides rather a lot excitement, and the forget of this factor in contemporary criticism. deals a quick, energetic, and available account of a brand new path for serious perform, from one in all Britain's such a lot renowned literary theorists and critics Proposes a brand new course for destiny feedback, extra open to reflecting at the pleasures of fiction Written in a transparent, jargon-free sort, and illustrated all through with a number of examples
Uplifting account of the fight among the Grassy Narrows First country and the Canadian logging undefined. In December 2002 participants of the Grassy Narrows First country blocked a logging street to abate the stream of trees vehicles and gear inside their 2,500-square-mile conventional territory.
Asians and the recent Multiculturalism in Aotearoa New Zealand offers thought-provoking new learn on New Zealand's fastest-growing demographic: the geographically, nationally, and traditionally diversified Asian groups. This assortment examines the unresolved tensions among a dynamic biculturalism and the popularity of alternative ethnic minorities via such questions as what sort of multicultural framework most nearly fits New Zealand's swiftly increasing ethnic variety?
During this new fourth variation, Campbell has revised and up-to-date his vintage advent to the sector. Human Evolution synthesizes the main findings of recent examine and concept and provides an entire and built-in account of the evolution of people. New advancements in microbiology and up to date fossil documents are included into the big diversity of this quantity, with the ensuing textual content as lucid and entire as previous variants.
- Yankee Town, Southern City: Race and Class Relations in Civil War Lynchburg (The American Social Experience)
- Time, Religion and History (History: Concepts,Theories and Practice)
- Kenya from Within: A Short Political History (Cass Library of African Studies: General Studies)
- The Saga of Anthropology in China: From Malinowski to Moscow to Mao: From Malinowski to Moscow to Mao (Studies on Modern China)
- A Result of Socialism : How Seventy Years Of Socialism Has Ruined Ukraine
- eFieldnotes: The Makings of Anthropology in the Digital World (Haney Foundation Series)
Extra info for A Century of Violence in a Red City: Popular Struggle, Counterinsurgency, and Human Rights in Colombia
A Century of Violence in a Red City: Popular Struggle, Counterinsurgency, and Human Rights in Colombia by Lesley Gill